Sometimes we are lucky enough to catch ourselves in the act of taking ourselves too seriously, or of making mountains of molehills. Now there are some obligations that you DO have to live up to, especially if you want your Significant Other to hang around, or your paycheck to keep showing up.
But where we have CHOICE… why do we bring this same oppressive sense of urgency and obligation?? It’s time to take control of a little more of our thinking and our self-treatement. Time to CHOOSE DIFFERENTLY!!
If you have enough damn things on your plate, if you find you are dreading your ‘overdue’ blog entry, that it has lost its sense of fun and wisdom and random community involvement… I invite you to check out both of the following:
I invite you to see if your oh-so-somber senses can survive the advice found in this past post from Letters; and
now I find a sense of hope and solidarity in this from Tiffini Elektra X. I am grateful to her for the logo, too. Nice work, this one does!
The credo of non-compulsory, non-obligatory blogging:
- Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill.
- Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
- Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
- Because sometimes less is more.
- Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
- Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
- Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”.
- Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won't be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .
SO… PWYdwFLI (Post When You damnwell Feel Like It)… maybe only when it really CALLS you.
Speaking of calling… still playing catch up in my coursework. (Now there’s an obligation!! :} )